Learning Support Plans (LSP)
When you discuss your support needs with a Learning Support Adviser, we will offer to draft a personalised Learning Support Plan (LSP). This is a brief document that clearly explains what impact your disability may have on your studies and what reasonable adjustments have been agreed.
You will be asked to approve the content of your LSP and give consent for the information to be shared with University staff (e.g. course tutors, exams team, library staff) before it is made available to them electronically via a password protected computer system.
Please note that any reasonable adjustments to exams and assessment arrangements will only be become visible in your LSP after you have provided the Learning Support Team with suitable supporting evidence of your disability, such as a doctor’s letter or dyslexia assessment.
The content of your LSP is tailored to your individual needs and may address the following areas where they are relevant to you:
- Learning and teaching adjustments e.g. permission to audio record lectures;
- Your responsibilities and useful strategies to develop your skills;
- Adjustments to formal exams or in-class tests, e.g. extra time, a smaller room, use of a computer;
- Support workers e.g. allocation of a dyslexia study coach, sign language interpreter, sighted guide;
- Library provision e.g. books in alternative formats, access to specialist assistive technology;
- Offsite activities e.g. mobility requirements for trips, accessible placements;
- Accommodation e.g. allocation of a wheelchair accessible room, fridge for storage of medication.
- Emergency medical and fire evacuation information.
Only those arrangements listed in your LSP will apply to you. You can view your LSP at any time once you have approved it. Please contact us if your needs should change or if you feel that the content of the LSP needs updating. We will be pleased to review your LSP with you at any stage during your studies.
Please view our guides on How to approve a Learning Support Plan and How to view a Learning Support Plan