Find Your Course
Liverpool Hope Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

Below you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about applying to study at Liverpool Hope University as an international student.

How do I apply for an undergraduate course?

Applications for our undergraduate degrees should be made via UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). The UCAS website has an information guide to applying to study in the UK which you may find useful. When submitting your application, please use the following codes:

  • Institution Code Name: LHOPE
  • Institution Code Number: L46
How do I apply for a postgraduate course?

Applications for our postgraduate taught courses are made directly to the University. To apply, please download our PGT Application Pack from our website and submit your completed application to our International Admissions Team on You will also need to submit the following supporting documents along with your application:

  • Qualifications - Copy of Degree Certificate and supporting Transcripts
  • Two Academic References
  • Proof of English Proficiency
  • A copy of your Passport
Do you accept my qualification?

If you are not sure that we accept your qualification as it is not listed on our website please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to look at your qualification to check it is suitable for a particular course. Please scan in any documents or qualifications that you are unsure of and try to make this as clear as possible so we can see the names, dates and grades of your qualification. 

What English Language requirements do you have?

Our standard English Language requirement is IELTS.

For undergraduate courses we ask for an overall score of 6.0 with 6.0 in both reading and writing and no individual score lower than 5.5.

For postgraduate entry, we ask for 6.5 overall with 6.0 in reading and writing and no individual score lower than 6.0.

How long will my course last?

All of our undergraduate degrees are three years long starting in September/October every year and finishing in May.

The majority of postgraduate courses are between 12 and 15 months in duration and start in September and some in January.

When will I receive my CAS number?

CAS numbers can be issued three months before the course start date so you can start applying for your visa at that point. You will only be issued your CAS number after you have paid your deposit.

Once you are formally made an offer, our International Admissions Team will send you a ‘Guide of Offer Holders’ document containing further information and details of how to apply for your visa.

Does your university offer any scholarships?

Education is a huge financial commitment and it is important you understand the tuition fees, costs and payment methods. Liverpool Hope University remains one of the most affordable universities in England. We have a range of International Scholarships available for students to help fund their studies. Please visit our scholarships page for more information.

How much does this course cost?

International Fees for 2017/18 are as follows £11,200 per year for Undergraduate courses. £11,200 for Postgraduate courses (excluding MBA) and £12000 for the International MBA. Please visit our international fees and payments page for further details.

How do I apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme?

We ask that students apply for their chosen course first of all before they apply through the CSC.

Applications are open for candidates who meet the requirements of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Full details of eligibility are available on their website.

Liverpool Hope University Invites applications at Masters level in one of the following courses:

You must make your application using the CSC's Electronic Application System (EAS). Click here for full information on how to use the EAS, including detailed guides.

Please note: you must also make your application to Liverpool Hope University for your preferred course by the deadline using the PGT Application Pack‌.

For more information please visit the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships page.

How do I apply to Study Abroad?

If you are a student looking to study abroad or go out on exchange for one or two semesters please email

I'm an International Representative, who can I speak to?

If you are a current International Representative (Agent) and you have any questions or would like to let us know about an event you are hosting please email