Find Your Course
Liverpool Hope Logo

Procedures and FAQ

Student status letter 

Student status letters are available from the Gateway Reception Service Desk.  This letter will give information on your course, start date and expected end date.

If you need this letter for opening a bank account you will need to provide the name and address of the bank where you are opening your account.


Travelling abroad during term

If you need to travel abroad during term time, normally in an emergency only, you will need a letter from the International Unit giving you permission to travel.  This letter should be taken with you when you travel to ensure that you can enter back into the UK.

You will find a Travel Letter Request Form on Moodle under 'International Student'. Please download and complete this form and take it to one of your Senior Academic Advisors (FSAA) or tutors to obtain their permission and signature. When the form is complete, please return to the International Hub.

When the letter is available, you will receive either a telephone call or email to collect your letter from the International Unit Reception Desk.  This process normally takes 2-3 working days.

Inviting a Visitor

If you wish to invite friends or family members for short visits to attend a family celebration, celebrate a religious festival, for a holiday, or to attend your graduation ceremony.  They will need the following documents to assist with their application to come to the UK

  • Letter of invitation from yourself (student) explaining your relationship with the visitor and the purpose of the visit
  • A Student Status letter available from the Gateway Reception Desk
  • A photocopy of your passport pages containing your personal details, your visa (if applicable) and the most recent UK entry stamp. This is the only photocopied document that you can send.
  • Confirmation of their accommodation in the UK, and any financial support they will receive.

For full details on how to invite a visitor to come to the UK please visit the UKVI website 

Interrupting or Withdrawing

If you are considering interrupting your studies or withdrawing from your course, there will be implications for your visa status. As well as speaking to an FSAA, you will need to speak to the Compliance Officer to discuss your specific situation and possible consequences. Please contact for more information.